Here’s why I suspect the Democrats are panicking that the public isn’t joining in their overblown January 6th hysteria. Without it, here’s what they’re facing in this election year:
According to a new poll by The Economist and YouGov, only 23% of Americans think the country is headed in the right direction, while 62% think it’s going in the wrong direction. The most optimistic group are black Americans; still, only 38% think we’re on the right track. That’s compared to 22% of Hispanics, 33% of white male college graduates and 22% of white female college grads. Among white non-college grads, only 17% think we’re headed in the right direction. And 90% of Trump voters think we’re headed in the wrong direction (who are the other 10%?!)
In addition, even 96% of Biden voters think jobs and the economy are very or somewhat important issues (they rank them third after climate change and health care.) But only 22% of Americans think the current state of the economy is good or excellent. Forty percent say it’s “poor.”
The article at Reason.com says this poll shows that President Biden should adopt a New Year’s resolution to completely change his policies, and fast. Sadly, I doubt that will happen. I expect the left to double down on stupid as they sense their brief window of ultimate power will soon be slipping out of their fingers. For Biden to heed this advice, someone in the White House would have to read a site named after Reason. I just don’t see that.