April 05, 2009 - 06:02 PM
by Mike Fracassa - Ohio Coordinator
We are not yet even three months into the new Obama administration and here is the record on abortion (courtesy of http://www.lifenews.com/)
Pro-Abortion Presidential Record - 2009
- January 5, 2009 - Obama picks pro-abortion Virginia Gov. Tim Kaine as the chairman of the Democratic Party.
- January 6, 2009 - Obama chooses Thomas Perrelli, the lawyer who represented Terri Schiavo’s husband Michael in his efforts to kill his disabled wife, as the third highest attorney in the Justice Department.
- January 22, 2009 - Releases statement restating support for Roe v. Wade decision that allowed virtually unlimited abortions and has resulted in at least 50 million abortions since 1973.
- January 23, 2009 - Forces taxpayers to fund pro-abortion groups that either promote or perform abortions in other nations. Decison to overturn Mexico City Policy sends part of $457 million to pro-abortion organizations.
- January 26, 2009 - Obama nominee for Deputy Secretary of State, James B. Steinberg, tells members of the Senate that taxpayers should be forced to fund abortions. Nominee erroneously says limits on abortion funding are unconstitutional.
- January 29, 2009 - President Obama nominates pro-abortion David Ogden as Deputy Attorney General.
- February 12, 2009 - Obama nominates pro-abortion Elena Kagan to serve as Solicitor General.
- February 27, 2009 - Starts the process of overturning pro-life conscience protections President Bush put in place to make sure medical staff and centers are not forced to do abortions.
- February 28, 2009 - Barack Obama nominates pro-abortion Kathleen Sebelius to become Secretary of Health and Human Services.
- March 5, 2009 - The Obama administration shut out pro-life groups from attending a White House-sponsored health care summit. Planned Parenthood, the nation's largest abortion business, made the invitation list as did other pro-abortion groups.
- March 9, 2009 - President Barack Obama signed an executive order forcing taxpayer funding of embryonic stem cell research.
- March 10, 2009 - Obama announces the creation of a new foreign policy position to focus on women's issues. He names Melanne Verveer, an abortion advocate, to occupy the post.
- March 10, 2009 - Reverses an executive order to press for more research into ways of obtaining embryonic stem cells without harming human life. The order Obama scrapped would have promoted new forms of stem cell research.
- March 11, 2009 - Obama signed an executive order establishing a new agency within his administration known as the White House Council on Women and Girls. Obama's director of public liaison at the White House, Tina Tchen, an abortion advocate, became director of it.
- March 11, 2009 - Obama administration promotes an unlimited right to abortion at a United Nations meeting.
- March 11, 2009 - Obama administration officials deny negative effects of abortion at United Nation's meeting.
- March 17, 2009 - President Barack Obama makes his first judicial appointment and names pro-abortion federal Judge David Hamilton to serve on the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
I don't think this is a man who has any concern for the sanctity of life. He has done this in less than 3 months!! I hope my Christian friends who voted for him wake up before the 2012 election and will not vote for him again. This is just one of the ways President Obama is working to destroy our country which he calls arrogant and that he thinks needs to apologize to the rest of the world.
If you want to join me in fighting back against President Obama’s attack on the sanctity of life please join Team Huck and also consider donating to Huck PAC because Huck PAC will only support pro-life candidates. We need as many people in the battle as we can in order to combat this all out assault on our values!